It’s unusual to see Chicago unable

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by http://meetup121.com/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/img/no-login.png chenyan94 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

LAKE FOREST White Walter Payton Jerseys , Ill. (AP) — to run the football. Then again, it’s not exactly common to see the Bears with an 8-3 record, either.Without being overly consumed by the thought, coach Matt Nagy expressed a desire Friday to get the dormant running game moving better than in Thursday’s 23-16 victory over the Detroit Lions or in other recent victories.“I don’t think too much is being made of it,” Nagy said. “You have to be able to run the football inevitably. You can’t be one-dimensional. It’s just like on defense. You’ve got to be able to stop the run.“So for me, running the ball is important, but I’m not just going to run the ball just to say and make people happy that we ran the ball. That’s not what I do.”The Bears had 38 yards rushing in their win over the Lions Walter Payton Jerseys 2019 , and have had 148 total yards on the ground in the past three games. Their 38 yards Thursday matched their lowest total in a victory since the second game of the 1970 season.Still, Nagy will continue looking to the best matchup — even if it means an attack completely based on the pass.“If it’s running the ball 50 times and that’s the way we’re going to win, I’ll run the ball 50 times,” Nagy said. “If it’s running the ball five times and that’s how we’re going to win, I’ll run the ball five times.”There’s plenty of evidence to suggest it’s not the most important statistic, anyway. They ran for 134 yards or more in all three losses. They also ran for 122 yards or more in three of their wins.Bears fans’ angst about the running attack might not be a strategic concern, Nagy suggested.“So you know I think the biggest thing right now is you get into all this fantasy stuff that everybody’s doing and I think their emotions get a little bit tied up into that White Devin Hester Jerseys ,” Nagy said. “I just want to win games. That’s all I really care about.”The Bears are doing that. They have won five straight and have a weekend off now while the rest of the NFL plays, then return Tuesday to get ready for a Dec. 2 road game against the New York Giants.Chicago was able to win on Thursday despite having the sluggish run game and playing backup quarterback Chase Daniel for injured Mitchell Trubisky. They might not know Trubisky’s availability for the Giants game due to his right shoulder injury until late next week.“He’s got to communicate to us how he feels and then we’ll do the same and figure out where it goes on a day-to-day basis,” Nagy said.Much like with the lack of a running game, the Bears say they’ll adjust if they have Daniel playing again against the Giants. Daniel completed 27 of 37 for 230 yards and two touchdowns.“It’s just like having Mitch in there, it wasn’t a steep loss,” running back Tarik Cohen said. “He gets to the line of scrimmage and makes his calls and then we go from there.”Nagy said Trubisky may have even learned something about the offense from watching the win over Detroit.“I asked Mitch at the end of the game how he felt watching it from the sideline,” Nagy said. “His first words to me were Devin Hester Jerseys 2019 , ‘Yeah, it’s different. You see different things and you get it from our perspective as coaches.’“You get to see what we’re talking about when we talk to you on the sidelines. As long as he steps on the sideline, he gets to see what we’re talking about and then he uses that when he’s back out there to understand that, that will only help him.” LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — The Chicago Bears signed kicker Cody Parkey to a four-year contract in March hoping he would give them the consistency they have lacked ever since they let Robbie Gould go.That didn’t happen. And now, Parkey is out.A person familiar with the situation said Friday the NFC North champions have decided to release the embattled kicker after one season. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the move had not been announced. The NFL Network first reported the decision.Parkey made 23 of 30 field goals during the regular season for the third-lowest conversion rate in the NFL. He was 42 of 45 on extra points.Six of his misses, counting the playoffs White Jim McMahon Jerseys , hit uprights, including a 43-yard attempt in the closing seconds of the Bears’ wild-card loss to Philadelphia at Soldier Field that also ricocheted off the crossbar.Parkey’s appearance on the “Today” show a few days later helped erase any remaining doubts about his future in Chicago. It clearly did not sit well with the Bears’ hierarchy.“We always talk about a ‘we’ and not a ‘me’ thing, and we always talk as a team, we win as a team, we lose as a team,” coach Matt Nagy said in January. “You know, I just Jim McMahon Jerseys 2019 , I didn’t necessarily think that that was too much of a ‘we’ thing.”Parkey also nailed uprights four times while missing two field goals and two extra points in a victory over Detroit at Soldier Field on Nov. 11. He hit one on a missed PAT at Minnesota in the regular-season finale.In October, Parkey missed wide right on a potential winning 53-yarder in overtime at Miami. Jason Sanders then kicked a 47-yard field goal as time expired in OT to lift the Dolphins to a 31-28 victory.The Bears have struggled in the kicking game since they let Gould — their career scoring leader — go just before the start of the 2016 season. In the three years since then, Chicago has converted 57 of 75 field goals.Gould is set to become a free agent March 13. There has been speculation in Chicago about a reunion with the Bears after spending one season with the New York Giants and the past two with San Francisco.Gould’s wife is from the Chicago area, and they still live there with their three young sons.The kicking game was one of the few sore spots in the Bears’ breakout season. They went 12-4 to win the division in their first year under Nagy after four straight last-place finishes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Concerns or questions?

Please contact us for further details.

Contact us
SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up